A short summary of the top poker players 2017-2018
The professional poker tour is full of tour favorites with their wild personalities and intelligent maneuverers playing the poker tables anywhere. At every casino, they are fearless in making the big bets and big draws and have succeeded for big winnings. Their resumes are well-tailored for success and it has been accumulated within the yearly index rankings of who are the best poker players in the world now. Here are some of the top poker players in 2017-18 season.
- Bryn Kenney – The number 1 player in the Global Player Index (as of October 31), the 31-year-old Kenney has won $17 million in his career and was the champion in the 2017 Poker Masters $50,000 No-Limit Hold’em as well as the PokerStars Championship €100,000 Super High Roller. His winning resume also includes his 2014 World Series of Poker bracelet from the $1,500 10-Game Mix Six Handedmatch, resulting in a prize of $153,220.
- Nick Petrangelo – At one point, Petrangelo was number 1 in the Global Poker Index for an astonishing 20 consecutive weeks. He currently remains in the Top 3 and has one victory plus multiple top 10 finishes in various tournaments this year, a streak that goes back to 2015.
- David Peters – Peters has been seen all over the world at various events. He has one bracelet from the World Series of Poker in 2016 and made the final table round 8 separate times. At this year’s Poker Masters, he finished 3rd at the $50,000 No-Limit Hold’emand 4th at the PokerStars Championship €100,000 Super High Roller.
- Justin Bonomo “ZeeJustin” – At 32, he’s been a professional of poker going back to his late teens when he finished fourth at the Euro Poker Tour’s French Open. A regular at major poker tournaments, his first World Series of Poker play was in 2007 and has finished in the Top 5 in different events four times. His biggest haul was €1.6 million from the 2012 Monte Carlo €100,000 Super High Rollerwhere was the champion. He’s currently in the Top 5 of the Global Player Index.
- Stephen Chidwick – The British native has been playing for several years, but has become a rising star lately with his constant strong performances, including wins at the 2017 PokerStars Championship Panama and Barcelona, both at the $25,500 Single-Day High Roller.
- Dario Sammartino – Sammartino has risen to notable standing with performances in various events at this year’s World Series of Poker. He was 6th in the $25,000 Pot-Limit Omaha 8-Handed High Roller, 8th in the $10,000 No-Limit Hold’em 6-Handed Championship, and 3rd in the High Roller for One Drop – $111,111 No-Limit Hold’em.
- Koray Aldemir – At the moment, the German native sits behind Kenney for player of the year honors. He won 10 million HKD and was champion at this year’s Main Event in the Super High Roller Series in Manila, second in the $25,500 Single-Day High Rollermatch in Panama (behind Stephen Chidwick), and in the top ten at this year’s Poker Masters $50,000 No-Limit Hold’em.
These “pokeristas” are in the top 10, but there are several other notable figures to keep an eye on. Poker tournaments are coming and going across the world and some will certainly show up because it’s what they love to do. Poker is a billion-dollar industry on-site and online continuously popularized by these players with their nationally televised tournaments. Keep an eye on these top players.